Summer Research Institute
The Summer Research Institute offers an outstanding opportunity to learn how to conduct research, enjoy the summer, and prepare for graduate studies at the University of Arizona, a highly-ranked Research Extensive (Research I) Land Grant institution with a large multicultural student body and over 200 graduate programs in a myriad of fields. The program, fully sponsored by the University of Arizona, has been in existence for 12 years. Over 90% of participants have gone on to graduate, medical, law and other post-baccalaureate programs, both at the University of Arizona and at other prestigious universities, and several have already obtained a graduate or professional degree. The purpose of SRI is:
- To provide you with the opportunity to work with faculty on a research project.
- To give you an understanding of the approaches, issues, and research methodologies in your chosen field.
- To encourage you to consider advanced study in the discipline of your choice at the University of Arizona.
- To prepare you to be competitive in the graduate application process and beyond.
- To enhance leadership skills through personal development workshops and interaction with peers.